One of the most average printers in the world is the HP DeskJet 2721e All-in-One Wireless colour inkjet printer. Decent photo quality, and very good colour accuracy, with high cost per print, especially when printing black-and-white pages regularly. It is also slow, not only for colour documents but also for those that are black only. On the bright side, you will find that it can print, scan, copy, and even that you use your mobile applications plus perform maintenance tasks very easily.
- Type: Home Wireless Inkjet printer
- Function: Print / Copy / Scan
- Print technology Inkjet
- Display Fixed-icon LCD
- CONNECTIVITY: USB 2.0 / WiFi / AirPrint
- App available HP Smart App
- Compatible cartridges: Black- 3YM61AE HP 305 / Tri-colour- 3YM60AE HP 305
- Average Cartridge Yield: Black- 120 / Tri-colour- 100
- Print resolution Black: 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Colour: 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Pages per minute (black & white) Up to 7.5 ppm (ISO)
- Pages per minute (colour) Up to 5.5 ppm (ISO)
- Print format: A4/A6/B5/Envelope (DL)
- Double-sided printing Manual
- Paper tray capacity 60 sheets
- Monthly duty cycle Recommended: 50 – 100 pages per month
- Eco Friendly: Contains more than 20% recycled plastic
- Colour flatbed scanner 1200 x 1200 dpi /Colour depth 24 bit
- Dimensions 154 x 425 x 191 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight 3.42 kg
- Manufacturer’s guarantee 1 year
- Decent connectivity.
- Adequate printing quality.
- Excellent accuracy with colour.
- High cost for printing.
- Very slow printing.
- Disappointing build quality.
- Absolutely terrible page yield.
Build & Design Quality
HP DeskJet 2721e printer as a build quality design that is average for low-cost printers. There is no paper tray, but instead has a rear fender that is not going to hold very many pages. If the paper does jam, the front opening is the only way you can access it because there is no access in the back. The scanner hinges for the lid cannot be raised which is problematic when you are trying to copy magazines or textbooks. On the other hand, it’s solid, plus it has a power cable that is detachable, which makes it very easy to replace.
Overall, it’s not going to take up a lot of space. The HP DeskJet 2721e has a similar size to the HP DeskJet 2755.
The Display Screen
The HP 2721e does have a very small LCD screen, and it is not touch-sensitive, nor can it be tilted so that you can see it better. You really can’t see it when you are sitting down, yet it does have good horizontal viewing angles, so you can see it from the side. There are icons that will tell you how many copies are being made, you do have Wi-Fi connectivity, and it will also tell you when your cartridges are low.
There is a decent scanner on the HP DeskJet 2721e. However, there is no automatic document feeder, it cannot perform duplex scanning, and although there is a flatbed scanner, with high resolution and colour depth, it is not the best. Unfortunately, the hinges on the cover cannot be lifted for thick documents or textbooks.
Cost Per Print
Cartridges for this printer are affordable, but you have to replace them quite often.
If you are only printing in black, many other inkjet printers are also going to use the colour cartridge, so that will also need to be replaced.
The speed of this printer is not good. It is slow, regardless of whether you are printing in colour or black, taking almost 90 seconds. It can hold 60 pages, but you will have to refill it quite frequently.
Photo Printing Quality
The photo printing is actually not that bad.
All of these results are based upon actual physical photos, not scanned images, which may therefore not be representative of the true print quality of this printer.
This particular printer is part of the HP DeskJet 2700 Series which means the number for the model number could change depending upon the retailer, similar to what you would expect with the HP DeskJet 2724 and DeskJet 2725, plus it may include the HP Instant Ink subscription. See the units label here.